Ramenskaya Alena Alekseevna, Postgraduate student, Udmurt State University (1 Universitetskaya street, Izhevsk, Russia), E-mail: Kamuloty@yandex.ru
Background. The problem of pre-trial stages in criminal cases with regard to medical workers is due to complex medical terminology, a large amount of medical documentation that must be investigated by law enforcement agencies without special knowledge. To establish all the circumstances of the case, it is necessary to designate the limits of proof based on the elements of the crime contained in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, which will ensure a more efficient process of proof.
Materials and methods. In order to achieve the objectives, the judicial practice on the crimes enshrined in articles 109, 123, 124 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation was analyzed. The methodological basis of the research was the general scientific dialectic method of cognition and private scientific methods, including the system-functional, formal-logical, comparative-legal, technical-legal, and legal modeling methods.
Results. The range of general circumstances to be proved for professional crimes committed by medical workers has been determined. It has been established that the limits of proof for each particular criminal case will be different and the circumstances to be proved will have their own specific feature, which follows from the rules of substantive law.
Conclusions. The process of proving crimes committed by medical professionals has a major role in determining the circumstances of the case and achieving the goals of criminal proceedings at the pre-trial stages. From the correct definition of the subject and the limits of proof depends on the outcome of the case at the judicial stages of the process.
1. Foynitskiy I. Ya. Kurs ugolovnogo sudoproizvodstva [Criminal justice course]. Saint-Petersburg: Al'fa, 1996, vol. 2. [In Russian]
2. Strogovich M. S. Kurs sovetskogo ugolovnogo protsessa [The course of the Soviet criminal process]. Moscow: Nauka, 1968, vol. 1. [In Russian]
3. Berezina L. V. Dokazyvanie v stadii vozbuzhdeniya ugolovnogo dela po UPK RF: avtoref. dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Proving a criminal case under the Code of Criminal Procedure of the Russian Federation: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Saratov, 2003. [In Russian]
4. Lazareva V. A. Dokazyvanie v ugolovnom protsesse [Proving in criminal trial]. Moscow: Yurayt, 2014. [In Russian]
5. Vandyshev V. V. Ugolovnyy protsess. Obshchaya i osobennaya chasti: uchebnik dlya yuridicheskikh vuzov i fakul'tetov [Criminal process. General and special parts: a textbook for law schools and faculties]. Moscow: Kontrakt, Volters Kluver, 2010. [In Russian]
6. Popov K. I. Pravoporyadok: istoriya, teoriya, praktika [Law and order: history, theory, practice]. 2014, no. 2 (3), pp. 136–139. [In Russian]
7. Levchenko O. V. Izvestiya Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta [Proceedings of Orenburg State Agrarian University]. 2011, vol. 2, no. 30, pp. 296–300. [In Russian]
8. Panov A. V., Tikhomirov A. V. Glavnyy vrach: khozyaystvo i pravo [Head physician: economy and law]. 2009, no. 4, pp. 35–43. [In Russian]
9. Fatkullin F. N. Obshchie problemy protsessual'nogo dokazyvaniya [Ommon problems of procedural evidence]. 2nd ed., suppl. Kazan: Izd-vo Kazanskogo un-ta, 1976. [In Russian]
10. Prigovor Zuevskogo rayonnogo suda Kirovskoy oblasti ot 12.04.2016 po delu № 1–26/2016 [Verdict of the Zuevsky District Court of the Kirov Region from 12th of April 2016 based on the case № 1–26/2016]. Available at: http://sudact.ru (accessed Mar. 30, 2018). [In Russian]
11. Apellyatsionnyy prigovor Astrakhanskogo oblastnogo suda ot 23.06.2016 po delu № 22–1174/2016 [Appeal of the Astrakhan Regional Court from 23rd of June 2016 based on the case № 22–1174/2016]. Available at: http://sudact.ru (accessed Mar. 30, 2018). [In Russian]
12. Prigovor Aviastroitel'nogo rayonnogo suda g. Kazani ot 02.10.2014 po delu № 1–144/2014 [Verdict of the Aircraft District Court of Kazan from 2nd of October 2014 based on the case № 1–144/2014]. Available at: http://sudact.ru (accessed Mar. 30, 2018). [In Russian]
13. Prigovor Askizskogo rayonnogo suda Respubliki Khakasiya ot 24.10.2014 po delu № 1–221/2014 [Verdict of Askiz District Court of the Republic of Khakassia from 24th of October 2014 based on the case № 1–221/2014]. Available at: http://sudact.ru (accessed Mar. 30, 2018). [In Russian]